Update from RecruitmentHQ: January 31, 2013
As we put a last big push on our county-wide recruitment efforts supported by our SAFER grant which expires April 30, 2013, please plan to join us and participate in the following events:
- Ongoing: Complete and submit ouriVolunteerFIRE Role Model Search Profile form complete with high resolution digital photo and we may use your story as part of our recruitment efforts. Don’t have your own photo? Contact us to schedule a personal photo-shoot.
- Ongoing: Contact the Fire Safety Office to set up an appointment for you and/or your team to visit WBBZ-TV Studios in Eastern Hills Mall to record your personalized recruitment messages and promos.
- March 2, 2013-11am -iVolunteerFIRE.org recruitment campaign “gallery opening” and christening of our MRU-Mobile Recruitment Unit atVSP Marketing Graphics Group inWest Seneca, sponsored by PDecals.com.
Come see all of the recruitment elements we’re building to enhance your local efforts and get a jump-start on maximizing our planned promotion of your RecruitNY activities. Food and refreshments too!
- 3/19/13-9am-2pm – iVolunteerFIRE.org has reserved booth/table space at the WNY Diversity Job Fair at theBuffalo-Niagara Convention Center. We took in 37 inquiries at the same event held in September. Recruiters wanted!
- 4/9-4/11/13 – Career Fairs at all three ECC Campuses. Recruiters wanted!
- 4/27-4/28/13 – RecruitNY Statewide Open House program sponsored by FASNY andFire In You. Start planning now! If you’re having an open house – we need to know ASAP.
We will be investing some $100,000 in outdoor, print, radio, TV and web advertising to support your local efforts– including 65 billboards around ErieCounty alone. And, we can help you build promotional and recruitment resources to make your events more successful. Let us know how we can be of assistance.
- 6/8/13 -Hero Rush Firefighter Themed 5k Obstacle Course at Chestnut Ridge Park hosted by and to benefit our recruitment efforts at iVolunteerFIRE.org. The race is intended not just for firefighters, but for “normal people” too — to give them the “firefighter experience” they’ve always wanted to try. Recruiters, runners and other volunteers wanted!
Download, print and distribute the Hero Rush/WNY poster.
Be sure to subscribe to updates fromiVolunteerFIRE.org, like our Facebook pages (Erie County Emergency Services and iVolunteerFIRE.org), follow us on Twitter@iVolunteerFIRE and@ErieCtyESU and stay tuned here for more details as they develop.
Important and informational links for your recruitment resources:
PS – Please check to see that your volunteer fire department is in compliance with the NYS Law on required arson background checks being conducted ONLY by the Erie County Office of the Sheriff. We use background check statistics to drive all of our recruitment and training efforts so it’s critical that you’re following the proper process. Thanks.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Please don’t hesitate to contact Tiger Schmittendorf with any questions or for more information.
Stay Safe. Train Often.
Tiger Schmittendorf | Deputy Fire Coordinator
Erie County Division of Fire Safety Department of Emergency Services Training & Operations Center 3359 Broadway – Cheektowaga NY 14227 716.681.7111 – FAX.681-3645 firstname.lastname@example.org -www.erie.gov/fire
>FIND US ON FACEBOOK: Erie County Emergency Services
>FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: ErieCtyESU
>WATCH US ON YOUTUBE: ErieCountyNY
>VIEW OUR PHOTOS ON FLICKR: Erie County ESU