Calling All Recruiters – Join us for a Recruitment & Retention Showcase
As part of our ongoing efforts to make your organization more successful at volunteer recruitment and retention, we’re inviting all volunteer fire department and EMS units to “RecruiterX.1″ — a Recruiters eXchange meeting here at “RecruitmentHQ” (the Training & Operations Center) Wednesday – January 9, 2013 starting at 7pm in Room 114.
Come showcase and share your recruitment and retention resources, success stories, and yes, failures too. (What doesn’t work for you — might work for others)
Even if you don’t have anything to share, we’re confident you’ll find something to learn. Feel free to email iVolunteerFIRE@erie.gov before the meeting with any images, samples or examples you would like us to print, share or project during the showcase.
Please RSVP via reply to this email or contact the Fire Safety Office at 681.7111 so we can adequately accommodate everyone. Walk-ins are certainly welcome. Let us know how we can help you succeed in 2013.
As we look forward to ramping up our county-wide recruitment efforts in the New Year, please pencil in the following events on your calendar:
- Ongoing: Complete and submit our iVolunteerFIRE Role Model Search Profile form complete with high resolution digital photo and we may use your story as part of our recruitment efforts.
- T/B/A: Possible recruitment event in partnership with UB Athletics and WBBZ-TV - ***Tentative
- February-March 2013 – iVolunteerFIRE.org recruitment campaign “gallery opening” at VSP Marketing Graphics Group in West Seneca, sponsored by PDecals.com. Come see all of the recruitment elements we’re building to enhance your local efforts and get a jump-start on maximizing our planned promotion of your RecruitNY activities. ***Tentative
- 3/19/13-9am-2pm – iVolunteerFIRE.org has reserved booth/table space at the WNY Diversity Job Fair at the Buffalo-Niagara Convention Center. We took in 37 inquiries at the same event held in September. Recruiters wanted!
- 4/9-4/11/13 – Career Fairs at all three ECC Campuses. Recruiters wanted!
- 4/27-4/28/13 – RecruitNY Statewide Open House program sponsored by FASNY and Fire In You. Start planning now!
- 6/8/13 – Hero Rush Firefighter Themed 5k Obstacle Course at Chestnut Ridge Park hosted by and to benefit our recruitment efforts at iVolunteerFIRE.org. The race is intended not just for firefighters, but for “normal people” too — to give them the “firefighter experience” they’ve always wanted to try. Recruiters, runners and other volunteers wanted!
Be sure to subscribe to updates from iVolunteerFIRE.org, like our Facebook pages (Erie County Emergency Services and iVolunteerFIRE.org), follow us on Twitter @iVolunteerFIRE and @ErieCtyESU and stay tuned here for more details as they develop.
Links embedded in this email:
PS – Please check to see that your volunteer fire department is in compliance with the NYS Law on required arson background checks being conducted ONLY by the Erie County Office of the Sheriff. We use background check statistics to drive all of our recruitment and training efforts so it’s critical that you’re following the proper process. Thanks.